In the complex contexts and hardly predictable times we are going through, people have to cope with many emergencies and problematic issues. Decreased employment, globalization, poverty, terrorism, walls: how should we take care of our present and of our future? How can we build inclusive societies attentive to people’s needs, how can we produce quality of life, equity and decent jobs? Career counseling, economics, social and human sciences, services and professions concerned with the wellbeing of individuals and their future and interested in the issue of inclusion are required to have new visions, different sensibilities and skills, to experiment solutions and good practices aimed to significantly reduce the number of people at risk of losing their job, dropping out of school, being ousted from their communities, of being denied their right to active citizenship or of having it reduced.
By paying attention to indicators coming from different contexts, the International Conference “Counseling and Support – Decent Work, Equity and Inclusion: Passwords for the Present and the Future” will gather scholars from the fields of counseling, vocational guidance, career education, inclusion as well as professionals who work to support people in the pursuit a future of quality, of satisfactory relationships, and decent work.
- the future of sustainable development, a theme that will be addressed by Enrico Giovannini;
- the relationship between decent work, equity and contexts, addressed by Laura Nota and Salvatore Soresi;
- the challenges of career counseling in promoting decent and sustainable work to improve quality of life and use of personal resources, discussed in a symposium organized by Maria Eduarda Duarte;
- the need for a methodologically supported analysis of inclusion, as Terence Tracey will point out in talking about dimensions and criteria for the analysis of inclusion;
- the need for an intercultural perspective, which will be brought to our attention by Gerstein in his symposium focused on the future orientation of people living in complex conditions and in different cultural contexts;
- the value of high-quality inclusion for everyone, as will be emphasized by Michael Wehmeyer in his intervention;
- the role of economics and work as tools to assist people, a theme that will be dealt with by Stefano Zamagni in his presentation.
The Conference aims to stimulate debates about theoretical and methodological approaches, resources, measures, applications, and professionalisms which, by adopting inclusive, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary views, will be able to promote a review of the traditional ways of dealing with wellbeing, training, work, and inclusion.
Approximately 80 parallel afternoon sessions, 48 international and 29 national, will be organized on 5th and 6th October in which several themes will be addressed: from inclusive education to career education; from the design of young people’s future to career coaching, to the right to work and social justice for complex situations; from digital and social technologies supporting decent work to workers’ positive resources; from gender differences in work contexts to new vulnerabilities and disabilities, to vocational designing and inclusion for migrant workers.
Space will also be devoted to the meetings of the European Society for Vocational Designing and Career Counseling (ESVDC) and the Network for Innovation in Career Guidance and Counseling in Europe (NICE).
So that Decent Work, Equity, Inclusion can take on the role of passwords for the present and the future, project-based commitment supporting everyone is badly needed. With the contribution of different disciplines and of practitioners from different contexts it will then become important to analyze what can and should be done. With this in mind, on Saturday 7th October, Angelo Righetti, Luciano Carrino, Laura Nota and Salvatore Soresi will share some reflections on the issues dealt with in the different themes addressed in the Conference and will then propose project commitments.
During the closing ceremony a specific spot will be devoted to assigning awards to people and institutions who have distinguished themselves for their commitment to the benefit of inclusion.
For additional information about the Conference please visit: http://www.unipd.it/counseling-and-support2017/en